Friday, February 16, 2007

Snow Baby

These pictures were taken during the storm on Valentine's Day. They look a little blurry because it was snowing so hard while I was taking the pictures.
IMG_7755.JPG

Snow that piled up in the raised beds was over Sadie's head!
IMG_7752.JPG

Trying to walk in it, although it was waist-high for Sadie:
IMG_7772.JPG

Too hard to walk!
IMG_7760.JPG

By the time the storm ended Thursday morning, we had about 18 inches, with bigger piles where the snow had drifted. It took Dan hours to shovel us out, especially through the piles that the plow left at the end of our driveway. Finally, he cleared a path and we took Sadie to daycare. During the approximately 10 minutes that it took to drive to daycare and then back home, a young woman crashed her car into a snowbank at the end of our driveway, effectively blocking the driveway. She was fine. As Dan and a helpful passerby tried to help her dig out, the keys to my car and our house fell out of Dan's pocket and were lost in the snow. Luckily (?), I had been in a rush to leave the house and hadn't locked the door behind me and we have extras of all keys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadie looks so cute in the snow! Luckily- Sat. is supposed to be warmer maybe you'll find the keys then. Love Nana

Anonymous said...

It looks like Sadie enjoys the snow. Dan should have a skiing partner soon! I hope Sadie is enjoying her Grandma and Grandpa. By the way, I loved the picture of
Sadie in her Valentine sleeper--too cute.

Anonymous said...

I am glad Sadie got to enjoy the snow!! Looks like fun!

I will have to try that chocolate chip cookie recipe! YUM!! Too bad Cordelia can't eat them yet! :)
-Yuliya

Anonymous said...

Sending warm thoughts to my friends in the great white north!

AnnK