Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Small Artist

artist at work

One of Sadie's favorite holiday gifts was this easel from Auntie Lolly and Auntie Kara. We keep it in the guest room and in the morning, Sadie often asks, "I check on ma easel?" If we say yes, she runs in and yells, "Good-mornin', easel!"

She loves to use the easel to draw with crayons or to do "stickah work" as seen here. I'm hoping she continues to enjoy art. Drawing and painting were some of my favorite things as a child and through high school and then I guess I ran out of time for it. It's nice to have art supplies around again, even if it's just crayons, and to do some drawing with Sadie.

A lot of you have noticed that Sadie suddenly has a lot more hair! Last week, she came home from daycare with this funny hairdo created by her teacher Sonya. Dan and I thought it was pretty funny so we had to snap a picture.
daycare hairdo by sonya

(Also, it is National De-Lurk week again! Please take a minute to leave a comment. Getting comments makes us so happy and is really motivating to keep the posts coming!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hairdo!! She is too funny! Love Nana

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Aunties Kara and Lolly will be thrilled to hear that Sadie likes her easel so much. I'm thrilled to see that Sadie doesn't have the TV baby sitting her. Sadie is lucky to have parents that continue to stimulate her intelectually.

Sarah and Jack said...

I am on the thrifting lookout for one of those easels for Jack too. The hairdo is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Sadie's hair reminds me of Beth's when she was that age...Sadie has more though.
Nana O'Neill

Anonymous said...

Love Sadie's new 'do!

maresi said...

delurking to say: I read your blog often on my way over to the misadventures of sarah and jack... i like to link through. Sadie is so adorable. keep having fun with her!

Anonymous said...

Do you read dooce.com? Her daughter's hair is often styled like that. One time she said something like getting her hair to stay up and neat was like trying to put a rubber band around Jello. I thought that was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

I will de-lurk to say check out that hair! I came over here from adl, and one of the reasons I keep coming is because Sadie looks quite a bit like I did as a kid, including the lack of hair for a bit longer than normal.

But now it's gorgeous! And so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sadie,
I am so glad that you are becoming a little picasso! If you get rich and famous someday I am sure Auntie Lolly and I would take handouts. Ditto to what your Grampy said there is not much good on TV anyway.
Go PATS.
xoxo Auntie Kara

Alexandra said...

The hair is too cute!