Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Field Trip


big eyes
Originally uploaded by Dan and Ann
Yesterday, Sadie went on her first field trip. She and her classmates all went to Poverty Lane Orchard where they picked apples and looked at tractors and enjoyed the fall weather. Sadie had a great time and came home with some apples to share with us.

Her class will be taking two more field trips this fall, to pick pumpkins at another farm in October and then to a turkey farm in November. All of these trips sound like a logistical nightmare to me (8 toddlers! 8 car seats! A van!) but her teachers seem to love doing special activities with them and the kids enjoy the excursions.

(This picture is from Isaac's party, not from the field trip)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love Poverty Lane, how fun. Can't wait to see you all this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Nice close-up of Sadie. Please tell me that that the Nov. trip will not include an example of how turkeys meet their maker. That was a grade school field trip experience that I could have done without!!

Ann said...

I think they will just be observing the turkeys while alive...I hope! I hear the turkey farm also features peacocks, goats and cows.

Kristin said...

Sadie's eyes look so pretty in this picture - I agree that this is a great close up. Sadie's school sounds like lots of fun, what an exciting field trip!

Anonymous said...

What a fun field trip Sadie had! She sure does a lot in school. I miss you Sadie! Love Nana

Fireflower said...

Tiffany had her first field trip this summer. My mom and I took her, since the families were meeting up with the UCP staff at the county fairgrounds. My mom, a former special ed and preschool teacher, could not stop being thrilled at the amazing feeling of "I get to be just the parent now!" She didn't have to carry the emergency contact list, the first aid kit, or the emergency cell phone. She didn't have to track 20 kids and keep them herded. We could just enjoy the afternoon.

That said, it's amazing what you see on a little kid field trip. So many things that you saw as a kid and now get to experience again with your kids. This is definitely on the good side of mothering!