Thursday, August 30, 2007

What's New?


cute
Originally uploaded by Dan and Ann
What's new here?

This week, Sadie officially moved to the Toddler 2 Class at daycare with her teachers Sonya and Martha. She's been spending a lot of time with these teachers, but now she is a real member of their class. A lot of her friends moved up to the preschool rooms, but she still has good friends in her current class. In September, her class will study shapes and colors and take a field trip to the apple orchard.

My students come back to classes next week, so I will be back to my busy life after a slower paced summer. Dan is continuing his busy grad school life the same as ever. In August, he was the overall winner of a local homebrewing contest and is planning to enter another contest soon.

Our good friends Reggie and Rebecca welcomed a beautiful baby girl named Mira. Auntie Lolly and James moved to Illinois...we are getting excited to visit them over Columbus Day weekend. Bob Bob went to Kansas to play in the US Senior Amateur Golf Tournament. Kate and Liz had milestone birthdays.

On Labor Day, we'll celebrate Sam's first birthday and Isaac's second birthday. Should be fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found my new background picture for my computer! Adorable! Love, Nana

Kristin said...

Is that new furniture that I see in the background? I like it!

I hope that Sadie enjoys her new class - very exciting!

Ann said...

Hey...good noticing, Kristin! We did get a new couch. The rest of the furniture remains the same.

kb said...

I noticed the new couch too Kristin, which is funny since I haven't been to their house in about 5 years! I guess the old red one was so memorable.

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture of Sadie--I love it. Kansas is very hot. After two days of practice, the tournament starts for real tomorrow. Wish me luck. Have fun with Anabel and Sophie at their pool on Saturday.

Lolly said...

James and I need a couch and are not having much luck finding anything we like. Feel like shipping your old one out to Illinois?