Tuesday, August 28, 2007

She Loves to Cook

Sadie loves to help in the kitchen! Some of her favorite kitchen activities include grinding coffee beans for Mommy and Daddy's coffee, spreading butter on toast and using the salad spinner but her number one favorite thing to cook is English muffin pizza...she loves to make these and eat them.

If I get the ingredients out, Sadie can almost make these by herself. She spoons the sauce onto the muffin halves, spreads it around and tops them with a good handful of shredded cheese. We melt the cheese in the microwave, heating it for just a few seconds so the pizza doesn't get too hot.

sadie helped make her own dinner

She made herself some tonight and also helped me with making the carrots. " I want some carrots. Mama, did you know big girls like to eat carrots?" she told me.

Sadie asked me to photograph her meal. As I snapped the picture, she said, "Say cheese, dinner!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Say cheese, dinner!" is just awesome!

Fireflower said...

I think Sadie is one of the cutest. Especially cute cause she talks with you! I can't wait for some more words and sounds used in a meaningful way from my own baby girl!

Yuliya said...

Aaw that is so cute. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing another one of your joyful experiences with Sadie. She is just amazing! And so are you! Lots of love from Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make english muffin pizzas with Sadie! Love nana

Anonymous said...

I think I see the other toddler standby on the plate: a Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patty. My two kids inhale those.

Ann said...

Indeed, yes. The veggie sausage patty is a favorite here! Popular at any meal of the day.