Friday, February 12, 2010

Fun with a Box


fun with a box
Originally uploaded by Dan and Ann
As Nellie gets older, she and Sadie are starting to really play together and have a good time. This game involved two boxes, a scarf and a train whistle...they were on a train ride together!

A sweet sister story:
Helena was at day care today. Sadie had a half day of school. Since I had a short meeting in the afternoon in Hanover, I arranged for a Dartmouth student to watch Sadie while I was in the meeting.

I gave the babysitter some cash and said she could take Sadie to the bookstore, hang out there and Sadie could get a book. When they came back, Sadie had chosen something for herself, but she had also selected and bought a book for Helena, totally unprompted!

She made a good choice too. Nellie loves "Elmo's Valentine" and we have already read it a number of times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how lovely ! That was so sweet of Sadie to buy a book for Helena. That reminds me of when we told you we were going to have a baby and you ran right into your room to get "Are You My Mother?" for the new baby.. My mother gave me the gift of loving to read and I can truly remember going to get my first library card with her and being a bit nervous but also self-confident that I could write my last name on the card. That was the criteria for getting a library card. You had to be able to print your first name and your last name. And I did it. Thank you for sharing your joy, Ann. Love, MOM