Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Best

Over the weekend, Sadie and I baked pumpkin muffins. She wanted to bake pumpkin pie after reading a story where a little boy and his mother go to the pumpkin patch and get two pumpkins, one for a jack o'lantern and another for a pie. I don't really like pumpkin pie and certainly didn't want to spend Sunday morning baking one especially since I wasn't sure if Sadie would actually eat it. But pumpkin muffins are easy. We mixed up the batter and popped them in the oven.

Sadie had one for breakfast today and another one after school. She said, "Mommy, these are the best muffins I ever had. We made them! 'Member that, Mommy?"

I do remember, sweetie. It was really fun baking with you.

11 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

sweet!

Jack and I made pumpkins before Halloween, but I need to find a new recipe. Blech. LOL

Beth said...

Sadie can make a pumpkin pie for me anytime -- I love them!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

I had a good recipe - I made pumpkin muffins for Chris's birthday last year! I ought to make them again - we're getting tired of banana muffins. Now I have to see if I can find the recipe again ...

Kristin said...

Sadie is such a sweet little girl! I love this post.

Anonymous said...

Great posting about the latest cooking creation from the kitchen of Ann and Sadie. I have enjoyed the extra postings lately even though I have been too busy to post many comments.

Anonymous said...

1. That is completely adorable.
2. I'm afraid that now I'll need your recipe for pumpkin muffins.
3. I also love having super-frequent Sadie updates, she's so great.

Yuliya said...

That's sweet!! I will have to get that recipe from you! I am on vacation next week and plan to do a lot of baking...

Ann said...

Oh, I am ashamed. It was just from a mix. But they were tasty.

Yuliya said...

AWWWW, but they still sound like they were soooo yummy!! Sometimes, mixes are the way to go!! Anyways, I can't wait until I will be baking with Cordelia. I want to get us matching aprons too! I know we have a while until then.... XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's such a sweet story. I love baking with Ezra. We made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins a few weeks ago that were delicious.