Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Missing Daddy

Tonight, before bed, we had the following conversation:

Sadie: I want my real Daddy, not Memphis Daddy.*
Me: I miss Daddy too. He will be home in a few more days.
Sadie: He be home in the morning?
Me: No, not tomorrow morning. But pretty soon.
Sadie: He come home soon. (pauses) If not come home, we go to Kohl's, get a new Daddy?
Me: No, we won't need a new Daddy because Daddy will come home soon. And Grandpa is visiting soon. He's Mommy's daddy, so he can give you daddy cuddles.
Sadie: Grandpa's coming. Daddy come home so soon! Not get a new Daddy. I love Daddy.


*Memphis Daddy = the stuffed penguin Dan got her.

3 comments:

Christy Wilkens said...

How sweet. And how smart, Sadie already knowing you can get ANYTHING at Kohl's. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah, the penguin! I'm glad that you cleared that up! I actually saw a gigantic stuffed penguin at a toy store today, and immediately thought of Sadie!

Adam said...

That is adorable.