Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hunt and Find


This morning, we took Sadie to the CCBA (our local community center, like a Y) to meet the Easter "buh-neh" and hunt for eggs. By the time we got there, the toddler egg hunt area had been picked clean, so we took Sadie over to the older kids area where she quickly found two eggs. Since it was only 30 degrees out, two eggs was plenty.

Sadie liked the buh-neh just fine as long as Daddy was holding her, but she didn't like him at all if she was alone.

This kicks off our busy Spring Holiday week. Wednesday, we'll have a Passover seder at Andy, Laura and Isaac's house and next weekend, we'll go to Nana and Grampy's house for Easter. Sadie will have lots of opportunities to hunt and find: first for the afikomen at the seder and then another Easter egg hunt at Nana and Grampy's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed we missed this! I took J last year. She was a little scared of the bunny and didn't shake his hand and for so long after that, she would say "Next year I be big girl and shake bunny's hand." By the time I remembered on Saturday, it was over. Oh well. I decided to give her a hunt at home next weekend instead.

Anonymous said...

It's awesome that an organization in your community puts this on for little kids! I love the photo of Sadie clutching the pink egg - she looks so happy with herself :)

When I was a kid, I wouldn't have anything to do with people wearing character costumes - I was deathly afraid of the Easter Bunny, Micky Mouse, the A&W RootBear ...

Sarah and Jack said...

Well, that bunny is a little dodging looking! (But, aren't they all?)

It still looks so cold there! We are already in the throes of summertime.

Sarah and Jack said...

Dodgy, that should be dodgy, not dodging.