Tuesday, October 11, 2005

She's a diaper baby...

With the recent press about diaper free babies (as seen in the New York Times, on the Today Show and in this week's People Magazine), Sadie would like to proudly admit that she's a diaper wearer.



Wow! Look at that diaper. Isn't it nice? Don't you just love it? She's very comfy in diapers and it works very well for a baby busy with activities and day care.

I have to say that I really find the diaper free people really annoying. It's like one more way Mommies can compete to be the "best mommy" around. I think it also really places the stay at home mom firmly in the home...where can you really go with a four month old who wears panties? Luckily, the mommies I know around here around here are not the competitive type.

In other exciting news...she walks! The record so far is four steps in a row before sitting down on her tush. She's also really curious. What's behind that door, Sadie?

3 comments:

Adam said...

Diaper-free babies? I haven't heard about that until now. After seeing what those diapers catch . . . YUCK . . . I can't imagine why anyone would go diaper-free.

Anonymous said...

In our childbirth class, one of the people asked: "why do we use diapers?" He went on to explain that while he lived in China, he noticed that babies/kids there just had little split-crotch pants, and if they needed to go, they went.

This all seemed rather self-explanatory to me at the time, but somehow I'm not surprised that the NYT is talking about diaper-free movements and whatnot. I mean, who doesn't want to spend the days chasing your child with a damp cloth?

Anonymous said...

Sadie, you are the cutest, sweetest baby of all times. I love your blog and i love you. Love, Grandma