Monday, October 16, 2006

Cooking

sadie and mommy cooking
Sadie decided to help mommy cook yesterday. She had a lot of fun, and especially liked the dish towel apron that Ann made her. Ann was happy to finally have someone help with the meals, because I never do. Once dinner was ready, all Sadie wanted to eat was the mashed potatoes she helped make.

[Cooking note - you may notice that Ann uses the standing mixer to mash the potatoes. It works great, although I guess it technically means they are whipped potatoes]

6 comments:

diana said...

i have a friend that swears by using a standing mixer to 'mash' the potatoes. he claims that it makes the 'best' potatoes.

Anonymous said...

That is one happy baby and Mommy! A cute, cute picture. Thanks. We can't wait to see you all soon. LOTS OF LOVE, Grandma and Grandpa

Sarah and Jack said...

So, Jack was looking at your blog with me, and when he saw the picture of you, Ann, he started shouting "that's mama! that's mama!" Must be the eyeglasses! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah! I'll have to try my Kitchen-Aid the next time I make mashed potatoes. It doesn't get much use, and I bet it would appreciate the exercise :)

Sadie looks thrilled with her apron!

Anonymous said...

Dan better help with the cleanup now that he's admitted that he doesn't contribute to the preparation!

Anonymous said...

Sadie sure looks like she is having fun! So does Ann. I'm glad Sadie likes "cooking"- I know when she is here she loves to play with the bowls and spoons! Love Nana