Thursday, August 03, 2006

20 months, 1 day old

Sadie is becoming more and more of a "little girl" each day. She still looks like our baby, but with all the chatter, we have to admit that she's a kid now.

Tonight, she had fun playing on the balance beam at the Lebanon Green play area while the farmer's market was going on. Sadie's been doing a lot of dining out this week, since it's too hot to cook. We had dinner Monday with Laura and Isaac and on Tuesday with Laurie, Aili and Ava. Tonight, it was just Sadie, Mommy and Daddy at Salt Hill.

Some recent Sadie-isms that made us smile:
"TankYouWelcome!"
"I like-it!"
"Sadie shoes frabrees" (pointing to her Tevas with strawberries on them)
"Sadie shoes fuh-blies" (pointing to Nike sandals patterned with butterflies)
"Frowahs Mommy, frowahs Sadie" (Mommy's dress had flowers on it, so did Sadie's)
"Daddy, paypah!" (asking Daddy to bring her out with him in the morning to get the paper)

8 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Awww, I just love how they say Flower. I am trying desperately to get Jack on video saying it before it loses that awesome toddler-ness. (He isnt much for videotaping right now!) Sadie looks so sweet in her little dress.

Anonymous said...

I think that the growing vocabulary is a direct reflection on Sadie's bright Mommy and Daddy and the excellent job that they are doing in raising her. My favorite is "I like-it!" as Sadie eats her sausage at "Oh-Donald's".

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss the way that toddlers put sentences together! Sadie's "I like-it" must be awfully cute!

Adam said...

Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love listening to Sadie talk_ she is so funny and so verbal! Oove you sadie! Nana

John said...

How fun! All these great moments to look forward to with the weebeastie! I love her dress!

Anonymous said...

Sadie is growing so nicely. And we love the photo and the Sadie-isms! Can't wait to see you all on Friday!

Anonymous said...

so precious!