Thursday, November 11, 2004

Welcome!

Welcome to our baby blog!

Ann and I had our second childbirth class tonight. Fascinating stuff - I feel like having a baby is like becoming part of this secret society with its own lingo and hazing rituals and that everyone else who is going through it or went through it suddenly has a million things to tell you and you wonder I'm an educated guy, pretty close to the medical field in fact and why have I never heard all of this before?

Of course, I'm going to keep the secrets too. Let's just say the hazing involves ice.

4 comments:

Jake said...

If this blog is going to be all about tricking me into having a baby so that I can be a part of your "secret club", then you can just forget about me reading it.

You're lucky I like the title... and I can't wait for the baby to arrive, so there's that too.

Anonymous said...

ann - i went out to dinner with a new mom last week and learned lots of stuff she said no one ever told her. i know a lot about pregnancy and babies and breastfeeding and i had never heard this stuff... mostly about post-delivery recovery. we'll talk.

kate

Dan said...

Jake,

It is absolutely about you getting tricked into having a baby. After all, that's what happened to me.

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.